Marms

Monday, December 06, 2004

Some thoughts on Graduation Night 2004...

The J1 councillors are certainly rude, naive and they certainly do not know what the true meaning of a graduation dinner is. I am aware that the graduation night dinner meant a BIG deal to the councillors, but i am certain they do not know the true meaning of this dinner to the J2s and it actually doesnt really matter to them if this whole event is a total "screwed up" because its NOT their night and they are there just to organise and get things running.
I was actually quite disgusted when they councillors "offered" to stamp a star on my palm before we entered the ballroom. This was certainly a TOTAL TURN OFF! Here I am dress up nicely and formally and there you are, trying to ruin everything by stamping a star on my palm?! Am i attending some fun fair or wat? Worst of all, the star imprint was NOT waterproof and it stained my white shirt which i wore on the inside of my jacket. Are the councillors going to be responsible for my stained shirt? They could actually have used some other methods of identification rather then having to stamp our hands with that UGLY star. I actually pity the girls! They spent time and effort to get medicure done and in the end, their beautiful hands are ruined by that RED and UGLY star. I know the councillors are afraid that there will be gate crashers, but do you think the J2s are so LOW CLASS that they have to resort to smuggling themselves into the ballroom without paying?

Upon entering the ballroom, I felt that im reduced to that of a 5 year old kid attending my friend's birthday party! Why are all the balloons floating everywhere? It certainly made the whole even so informal. We could actually dressed up in tee shirts and jeans to compliment the atmosphere that night! There were also NO councillors attending to me and my classmates and we were like a bunch of kids trying to figure where our seats are from that tiny piece of paper pasted near the entrance.

The food wasnt too bad after all. Better then we had expected it to be. HOWEVER, it starts to get irritating when the councillors keep "chasing and shoo`ing" us back to our seats! It VERY rude of them. I know they were just trying to get their jobs done. But having them to remind us over and over again that the program is about to begin and that we should be back at our seats is certainly a torture to the ears and its completely IRRITATING! It certainly left us wondering have these councillors attended any wedding dinners before?! Do they actually hear the MCs asking the GUEST to return to their seats all the time?! This graduation is OUR NIGHT and the J2s are the GUEST and I believe we have every right to do what we want. The councillors do not have to spend so much effort trying to get us back to our seats! All the have to do was to announce that dinner is to commence in 5 minutes and when the time is up, just let the lights dim and IM SURE THAT WE WILL GET THE QUE TO RETURN TO OUR SEATS. It is that difficult?

At abt 10.15pm, I have actually wanted to make a trip to the washroom. However, i was REFUSED exit! They councillors refuse to allow me to exit the ballroom to use the toilet! Their explanation "Oh, the program is about to end and we want you to finish the program and no one is allowed to leave the room at this point of time.." I was very irritated by this childish and immature explanation so i headed to the other exit. "I cannot open the door because I am instructed that I am not suppose to and I dont want to get a scolding from my teacher in charge." SO, this is how the guest is treated?! I dont even have my rights to visit the washroom? And I am actually FORCED to seat through all the programs that the councillors have supposedly planned and prepared for us? I preformed for graduation night 2003. I was certain that NO councillors made the class of 2003 seat through all the performance and FORCE them to watch watever is put up for them! Back then, I was only a J1 and I clearly understood that the night didnt belong to me! I can be there preforming but its certainly OKAY if NO ONE is watching because I know that the purpose of my presence there is to entertain the crowd! The J2s are the GUEST and I am only an entertainer for that night. Therefore, I do not see why this year, we were actually FORCED to seat through ALL the programs! The choices of the songs that were being performed were also bad and inappropriate for the event. "My Immortal" sounds totally morbid.

This whole graduation night has left me with a very bad impression of the whole councillor committee that planned this whole dinner. I know that they actually put in alot of effort to get things running but then it is to the point that it became THEIR night and we have to follow all instructions given by them. The true meaning of a graduation night is lost as i dont even feel as if i am graduating anytime soon! Im i still under the control of all the councillors? And not forgetting, those councillors were suppose to be our JUNIORS! Where is the respect?


.:About:.

张家荣
05-01-86
marcc.studio@gmail.com

There is no higher calling,
No greater honour,
Than to bow,
And kneel before Your throne.
I'm amazed at your glory,
Embraced by Your mercy
Oh Lord,
I live to worship You.



.: Good Lobangs :.



.:Come Bitch Here!:.




.: Lobangs :.

Scribblemates


.: Wish List :.






.:Bitching Ka-kees:.

Ben
Chen Guo
Haza
Hua Xiu
Isk
Jasmine
Javin
Jayine
Jerry
Joash
Nat
Peiling
Serena
Shanjun
Sharon
Shi Yan
Tee Wei
Xinhe
Xiu Juan
Wei Ling
Wei Ye
Wendy

.: Supporting Kar-kees :.

Stella
Ruo Xin

.: Chap One Leg :.

Cowboy Caleb
Jialat Dot Com
Mr Brown



.:Old Grandma Stories:.

Nah! No archives for you guys (".)