Sunday, May 18, 2008
Good thing I gave Rice Table a miss on Sunday... actually quite pissed off.. I mean we arrived at abt 8pm or so.. so they told us that its full and that we could leave our names and contact no. down.. so we did~ but but but.. they didnt call back! thanks so much!
BUT!
beacuse of their inefficiency (muahaha!) and we were too hungry! we landed ourselves at Shashlik! oh man I tell you.. that shopping center is like a ghost town at night... barely anyone inside! but this restaurant is bustling with life I tell you.. when I stepped out of the lift.. i could smell it!
Its a Russian restaurant.. and it has been around for more then 10 years (i think!) still the same chef and guess wat! its a chinese chef! and dont expect all slangs and wat-not in this restaurant.. speak chinese to the waitress/waiters... they are your friendly auntie and uncles! realli.. I felt SOooo comfortable there.. I was jokingly telling my friends... "even if the food looks crap.. those aunties and uncles really made my day and I would think my food will still taste good after all!~"
okay~ let me show you wat I ate... forget all those chiem words.. I had a hard time remembering them!!! muahaha! yeah.. ang moh food always got very chiem names...

this is the entrance of the restaurant.. yeah~ nothing fancy! muahaha! okay~ they have been around for like more then 10 years.. nothing has changed... cool right?

this is my beef soup.. isiz call Borche Soup? (correct spelling?) Nice~ nice chunks of beef/carrot and veg! and I just love the texture of the soup.. not too sticky.. not too watery... oh.. the sour cream is great too! muahaha!

was deciding between oysters and "snails" but decied to go for "snails" instead! woo~ nice.. muahaha! the zhap also very nice.. pour it on your spoon and slurrrppp it up.. careful! its hot! OKAY! I know its escargot... haha! stop niam`ing that im lousy and donno the name!
then our Lamb skewer... oh man~! i tell you.. very nicely done.. the aunties serve them on a trolley.. so on the tray is a plate of the fries and mixed veg.. then there is the hot plate there on the trolley all and ready!.. and the lamb chunks are still o nthe skewers... so when they trolley is by your table side.. they will transfer the food onto the hot plate and serve it to your table... can you hear the sizzling sound?
and its dessert time! faming alaska? i cant remember the spelling~ OH MAN! my ice cream is on fire! i think its brendy.. and smelling it.. i tell you... they are SO GENEROUS with the liquor I think im getting high just smelling it!
check out the THICK layers of fresh cream! MY FAVOURITE! and there is a layer of sponge cake inside.. there is ice cream and peaches! yap~ this dessert is a twin sharing too! and they will help you divide it into two portions so you dont have to worry abit messy everything up.. haha! i saw the next table dividing it up into 4 portions.. looks good too!
BUT!
beacuse of their inefficiency (muahaha!) and we were too hungry! we landed ourselves at Shashlik! oh man I tell you.. that shopping center is like a ghost town at night... barely anyone inside! but this restaurant is bustling with life I tell you.. when I stepped out of the lift.. i could smell it!
Its a Russian restaurant.. and it has been around for more then 10 years (i think!) still the same chef and guess wat! its a chinese chef! and dont expect all slangs and wat-not in this restaurant.. speak chinese to the waitress/waiters... they are your friendly auntie and uncles! realli.. I felt SOooo comfortable there.. I was jokingly telling my friends... "even if the food looks crap.. those aunties and uncles really made my day and I would think my food will still taste good after all!~"
okay~ let me show you wat I ate... forget all those chiem words.. I had a hard time remembering them!!! muahaha! yeah.. ang moh food always got very chiem names...

this is the entrance of the restaurant.. yeah~ nothing fancy! muahaha! okay~ they have been around for like more then 10 years.. nothing has changed... cool right?

this is my beef soup.. isiz call Borche Soup? (correct spelling?) Nice~ nice chunks of beef/carrot and veg! and I just love the texture of the soup.. not too sticky.. not too watery... oh.. the sour cream is great too! muahaha!

was deciding between oysters and "snails" but decied to go for "snails" instead! woo~ nice.. muahaha! the zhap also very nice.. pour it on your spoon and slurrrppp it up.. careful! its hot! OKAY! I know its escargot... haha! stop niam`ing that im lousy and donno the name!
then our Lamb skewer... oh man~! i tell you.. very nicely done.. the aunties serve them on a trolley.. so on the tray is a plate of the fries and mixed veg.. then there is the hot plate there on the trolley all and ready!.. and the lamb chunks are still o nthe skewers... so when they trolley is by your table side.. they will transfer the food onto the hot plate and serve it to your table... can you hear the sizzling sound?okay~ this dish has a very cute name.. donnot carpet pocket donno wat.. muahaha! OKAY! you donnno wat im saying... its beef.. muahaha! then it is like stuffed with mushroom, cheeze and oysters! omg... and same thing.. veg friends and tomoto on a plate... beef on a plate.. hot plate all ready... oh yah! this is a two person serving... so the auntie will cut up the beef into two infront of you and transfer it into two seperate hotplates.. haha! i think abit of oyster is oozing out.. can you see from the pic? (bottom of the beef.. the part of the beef facing the lonely green pea..)
and its dessert time! faming alaska? i cant remember the spelling~ OH MAN! my ice cream is on fire! i think its brendy.. and smelling it.. i tell you... they are SO GENEROUS with the liquor I think im getting high just smelling it!
check out the THICK layers of fresh cream! MY FAVOURITE! and there is a layer of sponge cake inside.. there is ice cream and peaches! yap~ this dessert is a twin sharing too! and they will help you divide it into two portions so you dont have to worry abit messy everything up.. haha! i saw the next table dividing it up into 4 portions.. looks good too! oh I tell you.. I so like the place and the ambience.. I think its money all worth and well spent! and yeah.. it didnt really cost us a bomb.. works out to be abt $60+ each.. not too bad right? maybe I might considering holding my 23rd birthday party there.. muahaha! but thats like next year....
oh yah... they are located on the 6th floor of Far East Shopping Center (NOT! plaza)...
ENJOY!!!




