Marms

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Attended the NDP09 Combine Rehearsal 3 yesterday with W and YX... wat can I say.. woooo~! Love it.. hahahhaaa... always been quite a fan of NDP but then yeah.. its always kindda the same (if you get wat I mean).. BUT! somehow.. the whole flow of the program feels really different this year...

You know how "boring" it is usually when tanks and fire engines and what not starts rolling into the parade ground right.. and then the kids go... "WAH!!!!" and then the older us will go.. "ya.. saw that last year le loh..." BUT! its different this year!

The parade started off with a "skit" about the history of Singapore with all the lion dances and stuff and SUDDENLY! BOMB! got a very loud kinnda bomb sound and all the performers suddenly got a "shock" and stopped what they are doing... then on the big "eye" screen.. we see Cheryl Fox giving a "live" telecast that some donno what had sabotage the parade at the Marina Floating Platform and then... TA-DAA! All the Police Coast Guards la and helicopters la... army personnels la.. all storm into scene and did their mass displays and stuff... and when all was done... Cheryl proudly announces that everything is under control and its time for celebration!!! WOOT!

So there was the usual parade with all the different contigents from the different services and sectors...

I think it really worked that the peeps are dressed so colourfully! I use to think that you know "mass displays" is all about the different pattern formation and individual participant's actions should be minimised.. but guess I was wrong... hahaa...

I just love how they utilise the "grid" thinggy! Yeah.. i guess we saw it on tv or youtube before la.. alot of peagents got use this idea as their backdrop before but hey! i think its something refreshing for NDP! you see the lines in the grids above? they actually change in patterns accompanied by different lighting displayed on it.. very cool actually...

Oh... this was a Segment whereby they were singing "Home"... Sang by Chen Weilian and Gayle Nerva.. and a medley of a few other songs la... super "theatrish" I feel the way the songs are delivered.. but NICE.

Look carefully at the grid towers flanking both sides of the stage... wooO... do you see people standing inside holding flags??? yess... I am still very amazed at how they manage to get up there! (okay.. i know.. via stairs...) but still... got chance I wanna see how isiz like backstage.. haha!

Though its just a Combine Rehearsal but the fireworks weren't disappointing at all... =)

I Love NDP. Do you?
Btw... the theme song for this year is out... Check it out on http://www.ndp.org.sg/


.:About:.

张家荣
05-01-86
marcc.studio@gmail.com

There is no higher calling,
No greater honour,
Than to bow,
And kneel before Your throne.
I'm amazed at your glory,
Embraced by Your mercy
Oh Lord,
I live to worship You.



.: Good Lobangs :.



.:Come Bitch Here!:.




.: Lobangs :.

Scribblemates


.: Wish List :.






.:Bitching Ka-kees:.

Ben
Chen Guo
Haza
Hua Xiu
Isk
Jasmine
Javin
Jayine
Jerry
Joash
Nat
Peiling
Serena
Shanjun
Sharon
Shi Yan
Tee Wei
Xinhe
Xiu Juan
Wei Ling
Wei Ye
Wendy

.: Supporting Kar-kees :.

Stella
Ruo Xin

.: Chap One Leg :.

Cowboy Caleb
Jialat Dot Com
Mr Brown



.:Old Grandma Stories:.

Nah! No archives for you guys (".)